Learn how to identify the difference between a venomous and non-venomous species with an up-close encounter with a snake. We will help your scout cover the following badge requirements in this class.
Webelos Naturalist Activity Badge
- Visit a museum of natural history, a nature center, or a zoo with your family, Webelos den, or pack. Tell what you saw.
- Learn to identify poisonous plants and venomous reptiles found in your area.
- Give examples of: a producer, consumer and a decomposer in the food chain of an ecosystem, one way humans have changed the balance of nature, how you can help protect the balance of nature
- Look around your neighborhood and identify how litter might be dangerous to the birds and other animals. Clean up the litter. Identify what else you might do to make your neighborhood safer for animals.
Boy Scout Nature Badge
- Explain the term “food chain” Give an example of a four-step land food chain and a four-step water food chain
- Reptiles and Amphibians -show that you can recognize the venomous snakes in your area.
- In the field, identify three species of reptiles or amphibians (this requirement is met in spring &summer months only)