Walk down the Ogden Nature Center's winding birdhouse trail, and find yourself in an enchanted backyard glen -- the perfect setting for intimate summer concerts with amazing sound and talent!
Kristin Andreassen with Rayna Gallert & Jefferson Hamer / August 11, 7 pm
Tickets are $16 for adults / $10 for children 12 and under
At the door $18 for adults / $12 for children
KRISTIN ANDREASSEN WITH RAYNA GELLERT & JEFFERSON HAMER
Kristin’s last performance at the Nature Center was a riot, so we’ve invited her back, and she's bringing friends Rayna Gellert (fiddle) and Jefferson Hamer (guitar). Kristin and Rayna found their old-time groove while touring as part of the beloved stringband Uncle Earl — releasing two albums on Rounder Records, working with producers John Paul Jones and Dirk Powell, and playing clubs and festivals throughout North America and the UK. Since Uncle Earl took a break, Jefferson has never been far from their orbit, contributing voice and guitar to Kristin’s folk-pop masterpiece "Gondolier" and releasing two acclaimed traditional albums of his own, including the BBC2 Folk Award winner "Child Ballads” with Anais Mitchell. In addition to their ongoing work with American, Irish, and English traditional music, all three write original songs that blend pop and poetry with the old songs and tunes that define their style as present-day artists.
This special collaboration finds these three musicians reconnecting in a show that’s at once familiar and rare. Expect award-winning songwriting, three-part harmonies, and the infectious rhythm of fiddle tunes, percussive dance, and even a square dance on the lawn for anyone willing to give it a whirl.
Tickets & Information
- Concerts begin at 7 pm, with gates opening at 6 pm.
- Seating is general admission on the lawn. Bring your own low-rise chairs, picnics, beverages and blankets -- they are all welcome.
- The concerts will be held rain or shine and tickets are nonrefundable.
Box picnic dinners by Union Grill may be ordered online when you purchase concert tickets! - $11 each
1. Chicken Cucumber pasta salad. Roasted chicken breast, cucumbers and garden veggies served over pasta with a light tangy dressing. Served with chips and a homemade cookie
2. Tomato and Mozzarella Sandwich on homemade focaccia with balsamic reduction, a side of vegetarian pasta salad, chips, and a homemade cookie
3. Classic Caesar salad. Crisp romaine, croutons, tossed with a creamy Caesar dressing, topped with shaved Parmesan cheese and fresh tomatoes with chicken on the side, served with chips and a homemade cookie
4. Turkey, Bacon and Avocado sandwich on whole wheat bread with a side of pasta salad, chips, and a homemade cookie
Special thanks to the following organizations for making the Ogden Nature Center Summer Concerts possible: The Standard Examiner, Utah Division of Arts and Museums., Joan Evans Ahlf, Only In Ogden, Durham Jones & Pinegar, Teleperformance, Val A. Browning Foundation and Courtyard Marriott Ogden.